Welcome!

Thanks for joining me on my journey. PeaceTrees Vietnam is committed to reversing the legacy of war in Quang Tri Province and to developing relationships based on core values of peace, friendship and renewal. I invite you to learn more about PeaceTrees through my story and by visiting their website.
- Sue Warner-Bean

26 March 2009

Dong Ha Doings

With all the excitement on Saturday I was just a little concerned that the next part of the trip might be anticlimactic. I needn't have been.

The past few days have been full, as evidenced by the lack of updates.

Sunday we took in some of Quang Tri's better-known tourist sites, visiting the Vinh Moc Tunnels and Ben Hai River Bridge, swimming and lunching at Cua Tung beach, and paying our respects at the Truong Son Cemetery, the Arlington of (North) Vietnam. Details are readily available via "the Google," so I'll spare them here. We bade farewell that evening to our friends from the Quang Tri Department of Foreign Affairs and the head of the Women's Union, packed our bags and got an abbreviated night's sleep... up early the next morning and off to Hue City.

Much more to share about Hue, Hanoi, tree-planting, and what it all means, but my flight's departing in just few minutes. Stay tuned!

No comments: